Buy Tickets For The Museum At The Box Office
The Natural History Museum is one of the essential tourist attractions. Both children and adults like it and it is, therefore, one of the most visited museums in the city where you are sure to find long queues. It is best to avoid the museum ticket offices and book in advance the entrance to the Museum of Natural History to save time and go directly to tour the rooms, as there is much to see.
Still, if you like to improvise and plan your trip on the fly, there is the possibility to buy tickets at the box office at the following prices:
- Adult $ 23
Natural History Museum Of Los Angeles County
|The east entrance and façade|
|Show map of the Los Angeles metropolitan areaShow map of CaliforniaShow map of the United States|
|Added to NRHP|
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is the largest natural and historical museum in the western United States. Its collections include nearly 35 million specimens and artifacts and cover 4.5 billion years of history. This large collection is comprised not only of specimens for exhibition, but also of vast research collections housed on and offsite.
The museum is associated with two other museums in Greater Los Angeles: the Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits in Hancock Park and the William S. Hart Ranch and Museum in Newhall. The three museums work together to achieve their common mission: to inspire wonder, discovery, and responsibility for our natural and cultural worlds.
Read Also: Bowling Green Hotels Near Corvette Museum
Milstein Hall Of Ocean Life
The Milstein Hall of Ocean Life focuses on , botany and . The hall is most famous for its 94-foot -longblue whale model, suspended from the ceiling behind its dorsal fin.
The upper level of the hall exhibits the vast array of ecosystems present in the ocean. Dioramas compare and contrast the life in these different settings including polar seas, kelp forests, mangroves, coral reefs and the bathypelagic. It attempts to show how vast and varied the oceans are while encouraging common themes throughout. The lower, and arguably more famous, half of the hall consists of several large dioramas of larger marine organisms. It is on this level that the famous “Squid and the Whale” diorama sits, depicting a hypothetical fight between the two creatures. Other notable exhibits in this hall include the Andros Coral Reef Diorama, which is the only two-level diorama in the Western Hemisphere. One of the most famous icons of the museum is a life-sized fiberglass model of a 94-foot long Atlantic blue whale. The whale was redesigned dramatically in the 2003 renovation: its flukes and fins were readjusted, a navel was added, and it was repainted from a dull gray to various rich shades of blue. Upper dioramas are smaller versions of the ecosystems when the bottom versions are much bigger and more life like.
Read Also: Philadelphia Museum Of Art Events
American Museum Of Natural History Ticket In New York
- Explore over 40 permanent exhibits featuring a wide variety of topics like human origins, mammals, dinosaurs, the solar system and more!
- Visit the filming location of the blockbuster movie ‘Night at the Museum’
- Take pictures in front of the Titanosaur, the 122-foot-long dinosaur and the colossal Blue Whale Model
Later Additions Restorations And Renovations
Since 1930, little has been added to the exterior of the original building. The architect Kevin Roche and his firm Roche-Dinkeloo have been responsible for the master planning of the museum since the 1990s. Various renovations to both the interior and exterior have been carried out. Renovations to the Dinosaur Hall were undertaken beginning in 1991, and the museum also restored the mural in Roosevelt Memorial Hall in 2010. In 1992 the Roche-Dinkeloo firm designed the eight-story AMNH Library. However, the entirety of the master plan was ultimately not fully realized, and by 2015, the museum consisted of 25 separate buildings that were poorly connected.
The museum’s south façade, spanning 77th Street from Central Park West to Columbus Avenue was cleaned, repaired, and re-emerged in 2009. Steven Reichl, a spokesman for the museum, said that work would include restoring 650 black-cherry window frames and stone repairs. The museum’s consultant on the latest renovation is Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc., an architectural and engineering firm with headquarters in Northbrook, Illinois.
Recommended Reading: The Morgan Library And Museum
Tours For Blind Or Partially Sighted Visitors
Visitors who are blind or partially sighted are invited to attend this program, held monthly in the halls of the American Museum of Natural History. Specially trained Museum tour guides highlight specific themes and exhibits, engaging participants through extensive verbal descriptions and touchable objects. Science Sense tours are available to individuals or groups.
Registration required unfortunately, no walk-ins are accepted. Email or call to register.
Free for Members or with Museum admission. Programs subject to change. Please note: two weeks advance notice is required to request a Science Sense tour on a date that is not scheduled below.
Upcoming tours: TBA
Please note, as of March 11, all tours have been suspended. Read more about during the COVID-19 virus.
Richard Gilder Graduate School
The AMNH offers a Master of Arts in Teaching in Earth Science and a PhD in Comparative Biology.
On October 23, 2006, the museum launched the Richard Gilder Graduate School, which offers a PhD in Comparative Biology, becoming the first American museum in the United States to award doctoral degrees in its own name. Accredited in 2009, in 2011 the graduate school had 11 students enrolled, who work closely with curators and they have access to the collections. The first seven graduates to complete the program were awarded their degrees on September 30, 2013. The dean of the graduate school is AMNH paleontologist John J. Flynn, and the namesake and major benefactor is Richard Gilder.
The MAT Earth Science Residency program was launched in 2012 to address a critical shortage of qualified science teachers in New York State, particularly in high-needs schools with diverse populations. In 2015, the MAT program officially joined the Richard Gilder Graduate School, with the NYS Board of Regents authorizing the Gilder School to grant the MAT degree. The program has about 16 graduates complete the program each year.
Don’t Miss: Pennsylvania Historic Sites And Museums
American Museum Of Natural History
|Looking at the east entrance from Central Park West|
|Established||April 6, 1869 152 years ago|
|Location||200 Central Park West, New York, NY 10024United States|
|1874 147 years ago|
|NRHP reference No.|
The American Museum of Natural History is a natural history museum on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York City. In Theodore Roosevelt Park, across the street from Central Park, the museum complex comprises 26 interconnected buildings housing 45 permanent exhibition halls, in addition to a planetarium and a library. The museum collections contain over 34 million specimens of plants, animals, fossils, minerals, rocks, meteorites, human remains, and human cultural artifacts, as well as specialized collections for frozen tissue and genomic and astrophysical data, of which only a small fraction can be displayed at any given time. The museum occupies more than 2 million square feet . AMNH has a full-time scientific staff of 225, sponsors over 120 special field expeditions each year, and averages about five million visits annually.
The mission statement of the American Museum of Natural History is: “To discover, interpret, and disseminatethrough scientific research and educationknowledge about human cultures, the natural world, and the universe.”
Natural History Museum Travel Tips
- Temporary exhibitions may be charged.
- On entry to the Museum your bags and other personal items will be inspected. Air-port style security checks are conducted so avoid taking any sharp items or spray containers to the museum.
- The Cromwell entrance has 10 steps whereas the Exhibition Road entrance is entirely step free. Wheelchair access is possible inside the museum too.
You May Like: Museum Of Modern Art Promo Code
What To Expect At Natural History Museum
The Dinosaur Hall, which depicts life as it would have been 150 million years ago during the Upper Jurassic period, has some of the most well-known exhibits.
One highlight is encountering the worlds largest dinosaur skeleton, a colossal 13.27-meter tall Brachiosaurus.
The valuable Archaeopteryx lithographica, the Mona Lisa of natural history, is elegantly displayed in a safety showcase in the back of the hall.
Tristan Otto, Europes first original Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton, which has only been on display since December 2015, is the most visible addition to the dinosaur collections.
All visitors must purchase Natural History Museum Berlin tickets online because there are no ticket counters at the venue.
The number of tickets issued daily is limited to control the number of guests inside the science museum.
When you book these tickets online, they get emailed to you.
On the day of your visit, you can show the ticket on your mobile and enter.
This Natural History Museum ticket also includes a free audio guide in English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Turkish, Portuguese, Japanese, Polish, Russian.
You can cancel this ticket up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
Cost of tickets
Adult ticket : 8Child ticket : 5Infant ticket : Free entry
Health & Safety Information
To prevent the spread of the COVID-19 Delta variant in areas with substantial transmission, the CDC strongly recommends that every personvaccinated and unvaccinatedwears a mask when inside public spaces. For that reason, all visitors age 2 and above are required to wear masks while inside our museums, and our staff members and volunteers will be wearing masks, too. Thank you for helping to keep each other safe!
For more details, see our Visitor Information.
You May Like: Wndr Museum Chicago Promo Code
Other Interesting Museums In New York
You can also visit other kinds of exhibitions during your trip, such as the 9/11 Memorial/Museum, dedicated to the terrorist attacks that took place on 9/11. Here are my impressions of the visit and some tips about it: 9/11 Memorial Tickets and Tours.
And if you still have not decided I leave here a summary of the ones that, for me, are the best: 12 best museums in New York City.
- No elements found. Consider changing the search query.
- List is empty.
American Museum Of Natural History With Citypass
If you are in New York on an extended holiday and want to visit the American Museum of Natural History, we recommend the New York CityPass.
With CityPASS, you can save up to 41% on New Yorks top attractions and also skip the ticket lines at all places.
With the best New York discount card, you get to see some of the citys most popular attractions, such as the Empire State Building, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Guggenheim Museum, Statue of Liberty, American Museum of Natural History, etc.
CityPASS includes general admission to AMNH, one Special Exhibition, and entry to Rose Center for Earth and Space.
Adult Pass : $136Child Pass : $112
Don’t Miss: Frida Museum In Mexico City
American Museum Of Natural History Admission Ticket Provided By American Museum Of Natural History
- Learn more
- Instant confirmation
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Explore permanent exhibits and the Rose Center for Earth and Space
- Spend as much time as you like with an all-day pass
- Upgrade for special exhibits, big screen films, and Hayden Planetarium
- The American Museum of Natural History, located across from Central Park in New York City, is one of the largest museums in the world. Its also one of the worlds most important scientific and cultural institutions, with more than 32 million specimens and artifacts. With a general admission ticket, enjoy the many current and permanent exhibits and scientific collections.Some of the almost 50 permanent exhibits feature human origins and culture, mammals, dinosaur fossils, Earth and the other planets, plus biodiversity and the environment. See the iconic Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton and Easter Island head that inspired characters in the blockbuster film Night at the Museum. Visit the Margaret Mead Hall of Pacific Peoples, the Hall of Human Origins, the Rose Center for Earth and Space, and the Big Bang Theater.A Super Saver upgrade includes access to the Hayden Planetarium Space Show, a giant screen film in 3D or 2D, and any special exhibitions.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Returns to original departure point
Last Minute Amnh Tickets
If you reach the American Museum of Natural History without tickets, dont worry.
Even though ticket counters arent available, you can use your smartphone to book AMNH tickets.
Immediately after purchase, you receive the confirmation email with the QR code, which you can use to enter the museum.
A word of caution on busy days, your preferred time slots or same-day entry may not be available.
Also Check: Please Touch Museum Free Admission
Shop Tickets And Tours
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
- Which attractions will I visit with Field Museum of Natural History Ticket with Self-Guided Audio Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Field Museum of Natural History Ticket with Self-Guided Audio Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Field Museum of Natural History Ticket with Self-Guided Audio Tour?
- Field Museum of Natural History Ticket with Self-Guided Audio Tour price starts from $54.21. Discover and book Field Museum of Natural History Ticket with Self-Guided Audio Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Field Museum of Natural History Ticket with Self-Guided Audio Tour cancellation policy?
- Field Museum of Natural History Ticket with Self-Guided Audio Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Field Museum of Natural History Ticket with Self-Guided Audio Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Field Museum of Natural History Ticket with Self-Guided Audio Tour?
Map Of American Museum Of Natural History
American Museum of Natural History comprises 26 interconnected buildings and has 45 permanent exhibition halls and a planetarium.
The massive museum contains more than 34 million exhibits, out of which only a small portion is on display at any time.
Being aware of the museums floor plan helps avoid getting lost and missing out on significant exhibits.
Besides helping you with the location of the exhibits and exhibitions, the American Museum of Natural Historys map also helps spot visitor services such as restrooms, cafes, souvenir shops, visitor assistance booths, etc.
Recommended Reading: How To Get To Metropolitan Museum Of Art
Advanced Tickets Are Recommended For Entry For All Guests And Are Available Online
- Save when you buy Becoming Jane exhibition tickets online.
- Admission tickets require a date selection.
- L.A. County Residents get free Museum Admission from 35 pm. Tickets are available at the Natural History Museum ticket windows.
- Members, click on the button below to be taken to your Member Portal where you can select your tickets.
- In accordance with the L.A. City Municipal Code Ordinance all eligible patrons are required to show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test performed within 72 hours. Full vaccination is 14+ days after receiving a one-dose vaccine or 14+ days after receiving both doses of a two-dose vaccine. Visitors 18+ must also show a valid photo ID. Children 11 and under are currently exempt from this mandate.
- Face coverings are required indoors for ALL guests over age 2, regardless of vaccination status. Read our safety guidelines before your visit.
- Tickets are currently available through January 31.
BECOME A MEMBER
Become an NHMLAC insider! Join as a Member now to support our museums, receive free admission and special exhibition tickets, enjoy exclusive Member perks and hours, and receive invitations to programs with museum scientists and historians.
For assistance with reservations, call or email
Becoming Jane: The Evolution of Dr. Jane Goodall
Is The American Museum Of Natural History Free
American Museum of Natural History is free for visitors who qualify for one or more of the following conditions
- Caregivers accompanying visitors with disabilities
- US military and their families*
- Cool Culture pass holders
*From Armed Forces Day to Labor Day, all family members can enter for free. Rest of the year, along with the US military personnel, one guest gets free admission.
Even though general admission fees are waived for this set of visitors, they still require a timed-entry reservation.
Don’t Miss: Hotels Near Coca Cola Museum
The Natural History Museum Of Los Angeles Box Office Said The Event I Wish To See Is Sold Out Am I Out Of Luck
Do not worry if the Natural History Museum Of Los Angeles box office says the event you need to see is sold out. Since our tickets come in trusted third-party ticket sellers, buyTickets.com frequently has tickets available long after the box office is out. Locate your occasion over and see what we have to offer you!
Free Day At The Natural History Museum
Tue Sep 4, 2012Website
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County offers free admission on 13 Tuesdays a year. All Tuesdays in September are free. Families can enjoy exhibits such as the Dinosaur Hall, the Insect Zoo, and the Hall of Gems and Minerals.
Future dates are announced on the NHM website.
Don’t Miss: Phillip And Patricia Frost Museum