All Levels Of Asante Membership Include:
- Unlimited complimentary Zoo admission for you and up to nine guests per visit
- Invitation to five exclusive events, three adults-only and two family-friendly
- Asante Society Zoo news alerts be the first to know
- Kid Keeper privilege send your children to the Zoo with an adult caregiver
- 20% Zoo Store discount
- Recognition in the Zoos annual report
- 10% discount on facility rentals for private events or meetings
- Discounted general admission to the Zoos annual Feast with the Beasts event
- Free or discounted admission to more than 150 Zoos across the nation
What Happens If A Child Is Ill
Our staff carefully monitors the Museumâs facilities around the clock. We work hard to ensure children enjoy play time in a safe and clean environment. Please ensure that all children in your group are well. We ask that you not bring in a sick child to the Museum. We reserve the right to ask any visitor who is sick to leave the Museum.
The Houston Museum Of Natural Science
If your kids are entranced by dinosaurs and science experiments, then a family membership to the Houston Museum of Natural Science might be just what they need to quench their educational thirst all year long. A family membership will allow you and your children to visit exclusive previews of exhibitions, unlimited free admission to permanent exhibit halls, receive discounted admission for special museum tickets throughout the year and notice of upcoming events through the museums bi-monthly magazine.
If your children are interested in one of the many science camps available at the museum, members receive early and discounted registration for hands-on camps that vary from topics such as dinosaurs, rockets, computers, insects and robots.
For more information and updated pricing, contact the Houston Museum of Natural Science at 713-639-4629 or visit the museums website at www.hmns.org.
Also Check: Phoenix Art Museum Light Exhibit
Who Must Wear A Mask When Visiting
We remain committed to providing a safe and clean environment for our visitors and staff. In keeping with current CDC guidelines, All visitors ages 2+, including visitors who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth while inside the Museum. Masks may be purchased in our Fiddle Sticks gift shop. As we continue to monitor CDC updates, we will adjust our policies as needed.
Do You Still Have Family Free Night
Free admission is available to everyone every Thursday night, 5 pm to 8 pm. The only requirements are that you bring a child with you and have a reservation! Reservations open every Monday at 9 am for the upcoming Free Family Night. As we are still operating at a reduced capacity, please note there are a limited number of tickets available. No walk-ups are allowed. RESERVE HERE
Also Check: Eglin Air Force Base Museum
Childrens Museum Of Houston
For an entire year of unlimited visits to the Childrens Museum of Houston and hands on fun that will challenge your childs mind, a family membership offers both educational and entertainment rewards for young and old. In addition to unlimited free admission, members can host a birthday party, take advantage of express lines, receive a weekly e-newsletter and receive invitations to members only events.
A basic family membership begins at only $85 a year, with options to upgrade. For more information and updated pricing, contact the museum at 713-522-1138 or visit the website at www.cmhouston.org.
Free Museum Admission For Ebt And Wic Recipients
2-1-1free, or reduced, admission Museums for AllFREE$1 per adult of family, or $10/yr Children’s Museum of BrownsvilleFree Community Nights are the last Sunday of the month from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.Youll need to verify that you receive food stamps or Medicaid to get this incredible price.FREE Summer Food Program
Recommended Reading: The National Wwii Museum New Orleans
How Often Do You Have To Be A Member Of The Childrens Museum
Museum Membership Your Unlimited Pass for Creativity and Fun Membership pays for itself in as few as three visits per year. When you become a member you have 12 months of unlimited access to 14 exhibits and countless on-line interactive activities.
How do you become a Houston museum member? For more information, please call 713-639-4629. If you love the museum and believe in our mission, or if youre a frequent visitor, join us for exclusive members-only discounts, opportunities and publications throughout the year. Join today and get FREE admission all year! How much are tickets to
What Else Can My Toddler Do At The Museum
With our team of experienced educators, weâve created a suggestion list on each exhibit page of what you and your toddler can do in our exhibits! The Museum continuously integrates and promotes key executive functions of the brain those functions are filtering distractions, prioritizing tasks, goal-setting and achieving and controlling impulses. Our lists of activities can help your tot develop those key executive functions essential in childhood development.
Don’t Miss: Museum Park Condos For Sale
How Many Chaperones Do You Require
In order to maintain social distancing, Guided Field Experiences require a chaperone ratio of 1 chaperone for every 10students Self-Guided Tours require a ratio of 1 chaperone for every 5students. Teachers are included in this chaperone ratio. Chaperone tickets are free to achieve this ratio. Additional chaperone tickets may be purchase if needed.
What Age Range Is Appropriate
Childrenâs Museum Houston serves children from birth to age 12 and their families. Each of our exhibits, experiences, and programs have been designed to engage a broad range of childrenâs ages and interests. Only the giant 3-story climbing structure, the Power Tower, and the Challenge Courseare limited to children 5 to 15 years old. Tot*Spotis limited to children younger than 35 months and their caretakers.*
*Please note, Tot*Spot is currently closed per recommendations by health experts to promote social distancing.
Read Also: Natural History Museum New York Price
Does The Museum Donate Tickets To Charity Events
The museum is happy to support local non-profit organizations with 501 tax status and other approved organizations in their fundraising efforts through donation requests. Donation requests are only considered from organizations holding a raffle or auction, not as gifts/incentives for employees or students monetary gifts are not donated. All requests must be submitted in writing 60 days prior to your fundraiser. Learn More about how to request a donation.
Where Can I Go For Free In Houston
- Buffalo Soldiers National Museum: Thursday 1 4 p.m.
- Childrens Museum of Houston: Thursday 5 8 p.m.
- The Health Museum: Thursday 2 7 p.m.
- Holocaust Museum Houston: Thursday 2 5 p.m.
- Houston Museum of Natural Science: Thursday 2 5 p.m.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston: Thursday 11 a.m. 9 p.m.
The Museum Is Implementing A New Membership Portal
To receive your member discount on admission, events, birthday parties and workshops please follow these steps:
1. Click here to begin.2.
3. Enter the email address associated with your membership.
4. Click Continue. Youll receive an email with your log-in information.5. Continue with the prompt to create your new password as soon as you log in.
Membership Levels And Benefits
Basic Benefits for All Members
- Free year-round general admission
- Free or discounted tickets to special exhibitions
- Discounted parking at MFAH garages
- Free or discounted lectures and programs
- Discounted admission at Bayou Bend and Rienzi
- Discounts at the MFA Shop
- Discounted tickets to MFAH Films
- Invitations to exhibition preview parties
- Complimentary subscription to weekly e-newsletter
$70 Individual / $40 Student
- All basic benefits valid for one individual
- Student price available to full-time students with valid student ID
All basic benefits valid for two individuals, plus:
- Two membership cards
All the benefits listed above, plus:
- Free general admission for two adults and all children 18 and under living in the same household
- Free admission to the Museums family programs
- 10% discount on regular price of admission at the Glassell Junior School
- Family art-making activities for members
$200 PatronBest Value!
All the Family benefits, plus:
- Invitations to exclusive Patron-Plus preview parties
- Subscription to the Museums official publication, h Magazine
- 5% discount on one adult studio course, art history course, or workshop at the Glassell Studio School
- Reciprocal privileges at more than 30 U.S. museums, including the Guggenheim Museum in New York, Art Institute of Chicago, Philadelphia Museum of Art, and San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
All the Patron benefits, plus:
All the Supporting benefits, plus:
Also Check: Miami Beach Museums In Miami
Where Can I Go In Houston Today
Best things to do in Houston
The Fire Museum Of Houston
A day of learning and experimenting isnt complete without a visit to The Fire Museum of Houston, boasting exhibits and displays of artifacts used over time by the Houston Fire Department. Your children can learn about fire prevention and prepare an escape plan in the childrens corner of the museum.
A family membership to The Fire Museum of Houston provides your family with unlimited free museum admission, discounts on gift shop purchases, free passes for friends, special invitations to members-only parties and a newsletter subscription.
For more information about memberships and pricing, contact The Fire Museum of Houston, located at 2403 Milam Street, at 713-524-2526 or visit the museums website at www.houstonfiremuseum.org.
Don’t Miss: Museum Of Flight Santa Monica
Reciprocal Museum Membership Visit Museums & Zoos For Free
Modified: Mar 25, 2021 by Jill Jarvis · This post may contain affiliate links · This blog generates income via ads · #sponsoredpost ·
With your zoo or museum membership, you can get into zoos and museums, worldwide, for free or for a discount! Read on to learn about Houston Reciprocal Museum Memberships.
I kinda-sorta knew that my Houston Zoo Membership could be used in other cities and at other zoos… but did not realize the same was true for my other Houston Memberships. Last week I was in San Antonio and got in free or for half price at several spots… all because I accidentally asked about reciprocal museum memberships.
Now that I’ve saved a hundred dollars in San Antonio, my first question at any ticket counter, anywhere in the country, will be… “Do you have reciprocal benefits with any Houston museums or zoo?”!
Since many Houston families have memberships to the museums or zoo, here is a guide to what you can get. And as a disclaimer, this list changes so check before you go!
Does The Museum Accept Wic Snap Tanf And Lone Star Cards For Admission
Lone Star Card admission program allows general free admission for up to6 individuals receiving TANF, SNAP and WIC benefits. Card holders must present their award letter for the current month or, the app on their phone with their expiration date, a recent receipt that shows that they are using their cards. The Lone Star Card holder of record must be present to gain admission WIC recipients may show their current shopping list or a store receipt that shows the date within the month that theyâre visiting.
Online reservations are required. View online discount codes HERE.
You May Like: Harriet Tubman Museum And Educational Center
The Museum Of Fine Arts
Add some culture and art into your familys repertoire with a family membership to The Museum of Fine Arts, located at 1001 Bissonnet in Houston. An exclusive membership includes free general admission for the entire family to the museum, discounts on purchases in the gift shop, a subscription to a bimonthly publication and invitations to preview parties and special programming.
The price of a family membership begins at $95 a year and your donation helps The Museum of Fine Arts to present exhibitions, community outreach programs and build art collections. For more information and updated membership pricing, contact the museum at 713-639-7300 or visit the website at www.mfah.org.
Here Are Some Of The Best Money
Jill B. Jarvis
Did you know that your Houston museum and zoo membership can get you into museums, all over Texas , for free or discounted rates?!
Here is a guide to the museums or zoo discounts you can get. And as a disclaimer, this list changes so check before you go!
Other museums in Houston also seem to have Reciprocal Membership Privileges so always ask. If you know of any other good deals for Houston museum and zoo members, let us know!
Recommended Reading: Glass Museum In St Petersburg
My Strategy For Visiting Children’s Museum Houston:
- Get a membership or use free passes from the Houston Library FlipKits. This way you can visit for 1 hour at a time, without feeling like you need to get your moneys worth.
- The Childrens Museum is too big than to do absolutely everything in one trip. Pick just one or two spots, based on whats the least busy or what you really really want to do. This way you can sit down, do the hands-on crafts and projects, and really enjoy your trip.
- And to avoid the request to do just one more thing, I set the timer on my phone. When the alarm goes off in 1 hour or 2 hours, or whatever we agreed on, its time go!
Is The Museum Handicap Accessible
Yes, all hallways, exhibits and restrooms are handicap accessible. Those requiring assistance or parents with strollers wishing to reach the second level of the How Does It Work? or PowerPlay exhibits may use the wheelchair/stroller lifts. Visitors wanting to use these lifts should visit the Box Office and leave an ID for an access key. Sound reduction head phones and wheelchairs are also available.
Also Check: Natural History Museum New York Shop
All Memberships Include The Benefits Above See The Additional Exceptional Benefits Each Membership Level Has To Offer Below
|General admission tickets per visit||1|
|Pre-sale and discount offers for select public events||Priority|
|Discount on Space Center UniversityÂ®||10%|
|10% discount and early registration on Explorer Camps||Priority registration|
|10% discount on Stars & STEM Family Nights and Family Campouts|
|Single-use guest passes to share||4|
|NASA photo signed by astronaut|
|10% discount for Breakfast with an Astronaut|
|Complimentary Discovery Briefing experiences||2|
|Complimentary Galaxy Lights tickets||2|
|Complimentary Smithsonian Affiliate membership with Smithsonian magazine|
|Invitation for two to select VIP receptions and events, including the Annual President’s Lunch|
|Complimentary Breakfast with an Astronaut tickets|
|Two reserved seats for NASA mission debriefings|
|Personal tour for 8 guests|
|Noncharitable value of goods and services||$0|
DualFamilyFriends & FamilySupporterContributorPatron
How Long Is The Color Factory In Houston
Visitors enter through an oversized lobby that contains a multi-colored overhead circular mural made of yarn called Thirty because it incorporates all 30 shades the Color Factory associates with Houston. A team drove 400 miles around the city to compile the colors they believe are most iconic to the Bayou City.
Don’t Miss: Museum Of Natural History Internship
Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
An exclusive family membership to the Contemporary Arts Museum in Houston provides you and your children with an insider look at some of the most innovative art over time. With access to exclusive exhibitions and programs, a membership to the museum also helps support the arts in the Houston area.
For more information about memberships and pricing, contact the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston, located at 5216 Montrose Boulevard, at 713-284-8250 or visit the museums website at www.camh.org.
Member Reservations Are No Longer Required
Great news, members! Members are no longer required to make a reservation to visit the Zoo. Upon arrival at the Zoo, you will enter through our Member Entrance and present your digital membership card.
To access your digital membership card, log in to your Member Portal, and click on Membership Cards under General Options. If you have questions about your membership, please contact our member services team: .
Members receive discounted admission for extra guests not covered by their membership. Prices for these discounted tickets will adjust along with Flex Pricing. Learn more and get tickets here.
Read Also: How Long To Spend At Field Museum
Family & Friends Premium
Bring friends and family with you to the Zoo for free! Up to 3 named adults for a total of up to 10 people admitted per day to the Zoo. All basic benefits PLUS:
- Kid Keeper/Nanny option allows you to send up to 6 children ages 3-12 to the Zoo with one adult caregiver when you cannot come yourself.
- 4 single, one-time use Wildlife Carousel passes
- 15% Zoo Store discount
Reciprocal Museum And Zoo Memberships:
- If you have a membership to the Children’s Museum of Houston , you can visit these ASTC Museums for free! This includes The DoSeum , Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, the Perot Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas, The Thinkery, the New Austin Children’s Museum and museums all over Texas, the United States… and the world. Get all the details HERE.
- If you have a Family Max membership to the Houston Health Museum, you can get free admission to Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum in New York City.
- If you have a membership to the Museum of Fine Arts Houston , you can visit these Museums for free. For Supporter or Above memberships, you can also receive discounts.
- If you have a membership to the Houston Maritime Museum , you can visit these CAMM orNARM Museums for free. This includes the Texas Seaport Museum, Art Museum of South in Corpus Christi, San Antonio Museum of Art and many more Texas and United States Museums.
- If you have a membership to the Houston Zoo, you get discounted admission to these AZA zoos and aquariums.
- If you have a membership to the Houston Museum of Natural Science, unfortunately there are no reciprocal benefits.
Other museums in Houston also seem to have Reciprocal Membership Privileges… so always ask. If you know of any other good deals for Houston museum and zoo members, let us know!
For more road trip and family travel ideas, from Houston, go HERE!
About Jill Jarvis
You May Like: Museum Of Ice Cream In New York