Tips For A Great Visit
Check out our tour videoto see what to expect!
A typical visit is 1-3 hours. Give yourself plenty of time to explore.
Our exhibits are designed for children, newborn to age 8.
Visiting Joy Park? Come prepared with swimsuit, sunscreen and a change of clothes. Please note: Joy Park may close due to inclement weather or unsafe conditions at the discretion of the Museum for the safety of our guests and staff.
Pets are not allowed in the Museum, including Joy Park. Service dogs are always welcome.
The Children’s Museum Of Indianapolis
Open daily, 10 am-5 pm, March-Labor Day closed Mondays, Labor Day-Feb. Closed Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Admission:Admission is $19.50-$38, prices vary daily. Admission is $6 the first Thursday of each month, 4-8 p.m. Plan ahead and save!
Located just minutes from downtown, The Childrens Museum of Indianapolis features five floors of fun and interactive learning that have the power to transform the lives of children and families across the arts, world cultures, sciences, and humanities. For more information about the popular tourist attraction and museum voted number one in the nation by multiple outlets, please visit our website, follow us on , like us on and enjoy our photos on .
Photo opportunities include the 16-foot-tall movie prop Bumblebee, from the first Transformers movie, North Americas largest water clock, and a historic working carousel.
Buy Or Reserve Tickets
Daily capacity is limited to less than 50% of the museums pre-COVID attendance. In collaboration with an advisory council of scientists, physicians, and public health officials weve implemented new procedures to help ensure a safe and extraordinary experience for your family. Learn more
- Effective Sept. 8, 2021: Face masks that cover the nose and mouth are required indoors for all visitors ages 2 and older, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are not required in the outdoor areas of the Riley Childrens Health Sports Legends Experience®. Visitors who do not comply will be asked to leave and refunds will not be issued for already scanned tickets. We will continue to monitor the situation, consult with our team of experts, and re-evaluate as necessary.
- Everyone is expected to follow social distancing requirements.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home. We will gladly exchange your ticket for a day when you feel better!
- Most of our hands-on experiences have reopened! Dinosphere® is closed through March 2022 for an expansion. You can see all of our current exhibits here.
Read Also: Institute Of Museum And Library Services
Educational Play Is Just A Visit Away
Kid-friendly environment. Brain-shaping results.
For the price of admission, your family can spend the entire day in the award-winning Childrens Museum of Memphis, where learning is childs play. Children lose themselves in the world of playful learning at dozens of interactive exhibits.
Let us be a partner in shaping your childs future story.
Membership Terms & Conditions
- Individual Membership rates are applicable to anyone ages 1-101.
- Membership cards must be presented to the Admissions Attendant upon each visit. Photo identification may also be requested upon presentation of the membership card.
- Childrens Museum memberships are non-transferable. Only the individual whose name appears on the membership card is eligible for member benefits.
- All membership benefits are conditional offers and may be subject to change without notice.
- Refund Policy: All memberships are non-refundable.
- School & Group Visits: Memberships are for individual visits only and cannot be applied to school or other group visits, including birthday parties or museum rentals.
- Please notify the Childrens Museum in the event of a lost or stolen membership card. Arrangements will be made to issue you a replacement card. A replacement fee of $2.50 will apply.
- Membership cards are available for pick-up in person only. The Childrens Museum does not mail membership cards.
Also Check: Museum Of Illusions Miami Coupon Code
Every Visitor Must Follow Museum Rules:
It is all hands-on & interactive, so play with everything! But use your helping hands to put things back where they belong
Always use your walking feet – no running – and keep shoes on
Groups must stay together use social distancing & good judgement within exhibits – always stay with your adult
Dispose of any food or drinks – these items are not allowed
Be respectful of our Play Facilitators – they help keep you safe!
How To Find Us
|From the North, South or WestTake I-294 to 95th Street. Head East. After you pass 52nd Avenue, you’ll go across the train tracks by the Metra train station. The next street is Museum Drive, turn right.
|From the EastTake 95th Street west to 52nd Avenue. Turn left onto 52nd Avenue. You’ll want to carefully turn around so that you are heading back east on 95th Street. Once heading east on 95th Street, you’ll go across the train tracks by the Metra train station. The next street is Museum Drive, turn right.
Signage on I-294 approaching the 95th Street Exit
Don’t Miss: Things To Do Near Norman Rockwell Museum
San Diego Gas & Electric Residency
For the month of March, were focusing on the future of clean, renewable energy and sustainability practices through design challenges, workshops and activities in the Innovators LAB supported by SDG& E. Celebrate STEAM Weekend and create innovative designs out of repurposed materials with us all month! View workshops below.
Before You Visit Please Note:
- Indoor galleries are subject to capacity limitations and are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Certain exhibits, programming, or activities may be modified, unavailable, or may have reduced capacity.
- Museum admission is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Drinking fountains have been deactivated or replaced by bottle fillers.
- If you plan to play in the water, bring a change of shoes and extra masks.
- The COVID-19 pandemic is a dynamic public health crisis. Kidspace may update its related policies as needed and without notice. Your visit will be governed by the policies in place at the time of your admission.
- All guests must comply with safety policies and staff instructions. We expect guests to respect Kidspace staff and other visitors. Kidspace will not tolerate inappropriate behavior or abusive, demeaning, foul, or harassing language. Failure to comply with these policies may result in immediate removal from campus and/or revocation of membership without refund.
Don’t Miss: Museums In New Haven Ct
Is The Museum A Astc Passport Participant
Members of the ASTC Passport Program are eligible for free general admission to museums located more than 90 miles from their affiliated museum. Members may receive free admission for the number of people designated by their corresponding membership level. We recommend you reserve your tickets in advance to guarantee admission. If you are visiting from another museum, please enter promo code CMHASTC when you reserve your online tickets.
You will need to present your membership card at the box office to gain admission.
Health & Safety Requirements
Your familys safety is our priority. Please review our health and safety policies for visiting.
- Wear a face covering they are required for all visitors age 3 and up.Masks are required to be worn properly, without exception, for all visitors age 3 and up. If you cannot adhere to the mask policy, you will be asked to leave for the health and safety of all. Any argument or aggression will lead to immediate expulsion from the Museum. Refunds will not be issued.
- Maintain a safe distance of 6 feet from others at all times.Plan to stay with your group and practice social distancing from others. Child-friendly signage will help guide you, and Museum staff will monitor capacity levels in play areas.
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer regularly during your visit.Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the Museum to practice good hygiene.
- Do not consume food or beverages in the Museum.Please enjoy any food items after your visit or outdoors in Museum Center Park.
- Please play respectfully. Walk, do not run use an inside voice and respect Museum property, other visitors and staff.
- Follow directions from our Guest Experience Staff.Our staff is here to assist you and reinforce our health and safety policies. If you have questions or feedback for us, we would love to talk with you during your visit.
If you or someone in your group is sick or feels unwell, please stay home and reschedule your visit.
Recommended Reading: Museum Academy Of Motion Pictures
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum
- $2 admission tickets per family member per visit
- To purchase admission tickets to INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY MUSEUM: Visit or call 317-492-6784
- For parking information visit
For more information about INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY MUSEUM, call 317-492-6784 or visit
Ready To Come Dream With Us
Here are a few things you should know.
- Advanced tickets are strongly recommended. Walk up tickets are limited and are not guaranteed. As the Museum continues to limit capacity to enable social distancing, visitors, including members, are encouraged to reserve tickets in advance of their visit.
- All tickets are for timed sessions. When you purchase your tickets in advance, you will be prompted to select a date as well as a timed session.
- Every Monday at 9 am EST, a new week of tickets will be released. Tickets are released 8 weeks in advance.
- Tickets are non-refundable. If you are unable to visit due to health concerns, you may exchange your tickets for a new date and time by reaching out to in advance of your original ticket time.
Read Also: Harriet Tubman Museum Cape May Nj
The Dcm Is Reopen To The Public
CURRENTLY, ALL DCM STAFF AND GUESTS 2 AND OLDER MUST WEAR A FACEMASK AT ALL TIMES IN THE MUSEUM.
DCM Members and children 12 months and under enjoy free admission.
Purchase in person at the Admissions Desk, any time the Museum is open
The Big Yellow Building in Riverfront Wilmington:
* For older GPS systems, use 550 S. Madison Street
When you are traveling down Justison Street, you will see The Big Yellow Building .
Turn onto Beech Street, and take your first left into that parking lot.
Our FREE parking lot is in the Riverfronts Lot K.
The entrance is located across from Penn Cinema on Beech Street, between Shipyard Drive and Judy Johnson Drive.
* Those using GPS systems, use 601 S. Madison Street
In coordination with Autism Delaware, a DCM social story is available online or by request at our Admissions Desk.
Guest Code Of Conduct
The DCM serves families with young children. Our goal and responsibility is to support our mission by providing children and their families a comfortable, accessible, fun, and stimulating environment where they can enjoy spending time together. Therefore, any offensive attire or behavior displayed by a guest may be subject to ejection from the Museum at the discretion of management. In addition, for the safety of all guests, shoes must be worn at all times.
Read Also: Nc Museum Of History Jobs