Greek And Roman Antiquities
Contain over 500 impressive and incredibly well-preserved marble sculptures, in addition to a number of accompanying artefacts and art pieces, the expansive Greek and Roman antiquities collection on display at the Louvre dates back to Neolithic times. This exhibit offers great insight into the history of two of the worlds most important ancient civilizations.
Avoid The Crowd What Is The Best Time To Visit The Louvre Museum
If you want to miss the crowds and you plan on visiting the Louvre independently without a Tour Guide, early mornings or evenings are a good time to go, just make sure that you allow sufficient time to see everything before closing.
You also have the option to participate in a morning or evening guided tour that enables you to skip the majority of the tourist hordes.
The Most Visited Museum
Finally, the Louvre is the museum with the highest number of visitors. Every year, almost 10 million people walk through the galleries of this former Royal Palace. To avoid a long wait at the entrance, it is therefore important to book your tickets online.
Inside, the museums vast surface area makes it possible to enjoy the works without being cramped. However, some galleries and rooms are still busier than others.
Read Also: Museum Websites With Virtual Tours
Kombitickets: Schloss Versailles + Louvre + Muse D’orsay
- Dieses rabattierte Kombiticket bietet Ihnen Zugang zu drei Pariser Wahrzeichen: dem Schloss Versailles, den Louvre und dem Musée d’Orsay.
- Besuchen Sie die Grands Appartements und den Spiegelsaal im Hauptschloss von Versailles oder erweitern Sie Ihre Tickets um einen Komplettpass, der außerdem Zugang zu den Gärten und dem Trianon-Anwesen bietet.
- Außerdem erhalten Sie innerhalb von 30 Minuten garantierten Eintritt in das größte und meistbesuchte Museum der Welt, den Louvre.
- Im Louvre erwarten Sie 35.000 Kunstexponate, die Sie in Ihrem eigenen Tempo besichtigen können.
- Von den 4000 Jahre alten ägyptischen Artefakten bis hin zur modernen orientalischen Kunst und der weltberühmten Mona Lisa der Louvre umfasst ein ausgeprägtes künstlerisches Welterbe.
- Ihre künstlerische Entdeckungsreise geht im Musée d’Orsay weiter: Hier besichtigen Sie beeindruckende Werke von Künstlern wie Auguste Renoir, Alfred Sisley, Claude Monet, Edgar Degas, Edouard Manet, Paul Cezanne und Frederic Bazille.
- Zu den Highlights des Musée d’Orsay gehören Van Goghs Sternennacht und Die Kartenspieler von Cezannes.
- Zeitlich festgelegter Eintritt ins Hauptschloss von Versailles und die Grands Appartements
- Zugang zum Spiegelsaal
- Zugang zu den Gärten
- Zugang zum Grand und Petit Trianon
- Zugang zum Weiler der Königin
- Zugang zum Park
- Garantierter Eintritt in den Louvre innerhalb von 30 Minuten
- Dieses Ticket kann nicht storniert, geändert oder erstattet werden.
What Is Included In The Louvre Museum Ticket What Will You See
The Louvre museum ticket includes access to the permanent collections at the museum. By permanent collection, this means exhibitions and displays that are constantly present on site. Occasionally, the museum also hosts non-permanent collections which are exhibits that travel the world stopping by the most notable museums.
Many people simply associate the Louvre with the Mona Lisa and outside of peering at this infamous painting, they are not sure of what else to do while visiting. The louvre is home to over 380,000 exhibitions that are divided into different collections across art and history.
Some of the most notable collections that may be of interest during your visit to the Louvre are:
Recommended Reading: Boston Tea Party Museum Military Discount
Kombitickets: Louvre + Muse Picasso
- Erleben Sie die besten Kunstschätze von Paris im Louvre und im Musée Picasso mit nur einem Ticket.
- Sie erhalten garantierten Eintritt innerhalb von 30 Minuten in das größte und meistbesuchte Museum der Welt, den Louvre.
- Im Louvre erwarten Sie 35.000 Kunstexponate, die Sie in Ihrem eigenen Tempo besichtigen können, darunter auch die berühmte Mona Lisa.
- Mit diesem Ticket haben Sie außerdem Zugang zu den Wechselausstellungen am selben Tag und zum Musée Eugène-Delacroix für 48 Stunden.
- Zudem erhalten Sie Schnelleinlass ins Musée Picasso, in dem über 5.000 Kunstwerke von Pablo Picasso ausgestellt sind.
- Anhand von Zeichnungen, Studien, Skizzen, Stichen, Fotografien und illustrierten Büchern gewinnen Sie einen interessanten Einblick in den kreativen Prozess des Künstlers.
- Im Untergeschoss besichtigen Sie die zeitgenössischen Formen des Comics.
- Sehen Sie ausgewählte Werke von Richard Fauguet, Sergio García Sánchez und Émilie Gleason.
- Garantierter Eintritt in den Louvre innerhalb von 30 Minuten
- Zugang zu allen Wechselausstellungen
- Schnelleinlass ins Musée Picasso
- Zugang zu Dauer- und Wechselausstellungen
- Kinder und Jugendliche unter 18 Jahren und EU-Bürger unter 26 Jahren haben freien Eintritt, müssen sich aber aufgrund der neuen COVID-19-Regeln ein Eintrittsticket holen. Bitte legen Sie am Museumseingang auch einen gültigen Ausweis als Altersnachweis vor.
- Kinder unter 18 Jahren haben freien Eintritt .
Best Time To Visit Louvre Museum
The best time to visit Louvre Museum is Wednesday and Friday evening when the museum stays open until 9:45 pm.
If you reach the museum by 6 pm, large coach tour groups and school children would have already left, and you can enjoy art in peace.
The next best time to visit the Parisian art museum is 3 pm on a weekday.
Most guidebooks and websites recommend users land up as early as possible to avoid the crowd at Louvre Museum.
Thus, everybody lands up for their tour of the Louvre in the morning itself.
So, it is better to avoid a morning visit to The Louvre.
Seasoned art enthusiasts prefer to visit the Louvre Museum at night.
Whatever tricks you apply, there are two lines visitors to Louvre must wait in the line for security check and the line for buying tickets.
When you buy your Louvre tickets online, you skip the line for the tickets, and your waiting time reduces drastically.
Don’t Miss: Glass Museum In St Petersburg
Many Hotels Are Located Near The Louvre Where You Can Stay And Immerse Yourself In The History Of Paris
This will be given to you in exchange for your voucher by your host at the pre-arranged meeting point.
With Louvre Museum tickets in advance, you are free to visit the Louvre all year around, but please note that the museum is closed every Tuesday and on the following dates: January 1st , May 1st , May 8th , December 25th .
Any moment is the right time to visit one of the most famous museums in the world! You can also choose to visit the museum at your own pace and rent inexpensive audio guides .
The Louvre is located right in the heart of the Paris on the banks of the River Seine. The Tuileries Gardens, the Eiffel Tower, les Invalides, the Ile de la Cité, Notre-Dame Cathedral and some of Paris most famous and exclusive hotels are all within easy walking distance.
Are you looking for Louvre museum tickets for groups or students ? Do you have in mind to visit many Parisian museums in your 2 days trip?
No worries, we have the perfect ticket in advance for you. Go and check out the full list of the Fast Pass Tours activities and transform your visits into unforgettable moments!
For any further information, please contact our customer service, we will be glad to answer any questions you might have!
Buying Louvre Tickets At The Venue
On an average day, more than 30,000 tourists visit The Louvre.
This crowd results in long lines outside the Louvre Glass Pyramid.
These lines are NOT for buying the ticket but for security screening.
When you havent already bought Skip the Line Louvre tickets, you join this line at the end and wait your turn for the security check.
During peak season , these lines wind all along the Louvre courtyard, and the waiting time can even go up to 3 hours.
What makes it worse is that this waiting is out in the sun
During non-peak months this waiting time is around 30 minutes.
Once you clear the security, you are inside the air-conditioned Louvre Glass Pyramid.
Now you must stand in line at the ticketing counter to buy your Louvre Museum ticket. Thankfully, this second line moves fast.
Once you have paid the entrance fee and bought your tickets, you can enter The Louvre.
Also Check: How Much Is The Museum Of Illusions
Emblematic Monument Of Paris
The Louvre is an emblematic museum of Paris, whose attractiveness contributes to the cultural influence of France throughout the world. This former royal palace, which became a museum at the end of the 18th century, is distinguished by the wealth of its collections acquired over the decades. Whether its for a few hours or several days, a visit to the Louvre offers an unforgettable immersion in its works of art.
Is It Possible To Visit The Louvre Museum For Free
Fortunately, it is possible to visit the Louvre for free if you travel at certain times, even if you do not fall into the above categories. You should try to get to the museum early, and be prepared to fight through the crowds, however free entrance is possible at the following times:
- Fridays from 6pm onwards Admission is free to citizens of all nationalities that are under 26 years of age provided that they show a valid proof of ID.
- The first Sunday of the month from October through to March, admission is free for all visitors to the Louvre.
It should be noted that the free Louvre museum tickets during these specific dates and periods only cover the basic free admission to the museum and do not include extras like audio tours or the use of a tour guide.
Don’t Miss: North Carolina Museum Of History
Please Buy Your Tickets Online Prior To Your Visit
Your admission gives you access to the Museum galleries and exhibitions, and the outdoor plazas underneath the dome, our Museum café and Boutique.For your safety, please take note of the following: – In line with government guidelines, all visitors aged 16 and above must be vaccinated and show a Green status on the Alhosn app to enter the museum.- A maximum of ten admission tickets may be booked per visit day. Please note that each child under 13 should be accompanied by an adult.- Please select an Arrival Time Slot when booking your ticket. – E-tickets should be presented on arrival on your personal device, please do not print your tickets.- Please arrive maximum 10 minutes prior to your time slot. We regret we cannot offer refunds if the arrival timeslot is missed.- Once at the museum you may remain for up to 3 hours, during opening hours.Please be aware that some galleries will be closed as we install new artworks. We apologise for any inconvenience.Please review our complete Visitor Guidelines prior to your visit.Thank you for being a Mindful Visitor.Enjoy your visit.
Welcome To The Louvre
There are plenty of good reasons to visit the Louvre! So many works of art to discover in this fabulous museum that used to be a palace! So plan your visit in advance to make the most of it. Why not pick one of our visitor trails to follow a theme-based tour? And when you need a break, where better than the museums restful gardens?
You May Like: Best Museums In New York
Why You Must Visit Louvre Museum When In Paris
You simply cant go to Paris and skip the Louvre. Together with Musee dOrsay, the Louvre is one of the most visited places in the French capital. This is the biggest art and archeology collection in the world. There are over 380,000 pieces, of which more than 35,000 pieces of art on display. There are pieces that have made art history such as the Mona Lisa and the Virgin of the Rocks, the Wedding at Cana, the Venus de Milo, the Winged Victory, the Coronation of Napoleon, and the Seated Scribe to name a few.
Housed in what used to be a fortress built upon orders of Philip Augustus on the right bank of River Seine in the 12th century, throughout time the building saw many changes and enlargements.
Francis I, king of France from 1515 until 1547, was a lover of art. He was the one who, in 1546, ordered the original structure to be demolished and to build his royal residence on top of it. Thats how the part that nowadays corresponds to the southwestern bit of the Cour Carrée was built by architect Pierre Lescot.
Subsequent kings of France such as Louis XIII and Louis XIV added to the structure and to the collection, as they acquired lots of art. So did Cardinal Richelieu, prime minister during the reign of Louis XIII.
Once Louis XIV moved the court and his residence to Versailles Palace in 1682, the Louvre stopped being a royal residence. However, it was not turned into a museum until the 18th century.
What If Im Late For My Tour Or Do Not Show Up
Your Paris Muse guide will wait for you for up to 20 minutes at the arranged meeting point. Tours for late arrivals may be shortened so that the tour finishes at the original scheduled time.
For clients who do not arrive within 20 minutes, we regret that we must treat this as a cancellation and cannot offer a refund. In some cases, depending upon availability, we may be able to reschedule your tour, but we charge a fee to pay for the guides time for the missed tour
Please note that if your tour is at the Louvre, the tickets are strictly timed, and the museum may not allow you access after 30 minutes. There can be no refunds from either Paris Muse or the Louvre. Louvre tickets are not transferable to another day or time.
If you get lost on your way to meeting your guide, just give us a call and well talk you through it! . No texts pleasewe may not see them.
Recommended Reading: Nyc Natural History Museum Tickets
Where To Buy Tickets For The Louvre Museum
The Louvre is always busy. In fact, in 2018 a record-breaking 10.2 million people passed through its doors, making the Louvre one of the most visited attraction in the world! That’s great for the museum, but not so great for culture vultures as queues at the ticket office can keep them waiting for two hours or more at peak periods. Definitely not our idea of fun, especially when it’s hot outside. In high-season, like summer school holidays and Christmas, the museum becomes full to capacity, sometimes so full that the ticket office runs out of tickets for that day. However, there is a way to avoid long queues or possible disappointment. Buying yourLouvre ticket online in advance guarantees entry for a day and time that suits you. And, of course, with no waiting in a queue, you have more time to explore the museum.
Are Your Tours Appropriate For Children
We have several educational programs specifically designed for families. The rest of our tours, however, are designed for adults or young adults with an interest in museums. Please be aware that while our educators are fun and accessible, the content of our tours for adults is relatively sophisticated.
Also Check: Union Pacific Museum Gift Shop
Louvre Museum Tour Informations
Paris, a destination on every globe-trotters bucket list. Whether you are a traveler, tourist, or art enthusiast, Paris has something to offer us all, and what visit Paris is complete without a Louvre Museum tour with a knowledgeable museum guide. The art, the history, and the visions that make up The Louvre are a must-visit at least once in a lifetime.
The Louvre was originally established as a fortress in 1901 and has since been built and rebuilt over the centuries. The art museum was first opened in 1793 but was closed a few years late, it was in 1801 that Napoleon formally opened the museum and laid the foundation for what is presently the world-renowned Louvre museum. Perhaps, the most famous among the attractions of the Louvre is Leonardo Da Vincis Mona Lisa where thousands flock every day to get a glimpse of her mysterious and enigmatic smile. A Louvre tour is something of an adventure and an enlightening experience all on its own.
Want to find out about the types of Louvre tours on offer, weve got you covered.
Louvre Museum With Guided Tour & Optional Ticket
- You get to skip the line ticket and priority access.
- A carefully prepared path by your guide to let you witness the greatest works house in the museum on this Louvre tour.
- A chance to visit Napoleon Bonapartes apartments to take a look at the mesmerizing décor.
- A visit to the Apollo gallery.
- Get a glimpse at the crown jewels of the French monarchy
- Admire the serene and enigmatic Mona Lisa, the beauty of Venus de Milo and the emotional romanticism of Psyche Revived by Cupids Kiss.
- Visit the Egyptian department for a look at the ancient statues, artifacts, and relics.
- Skip the ticket lines priority access.
- Experienced guide
- Headset for an audio guide
The itinerary created by your guide includes a look at some of the greatest and best of the Louvre treasures so that the visitors can maximize their time.
Your tour would include everything from ancient Egyptian relics to Renaissance art from Italy. Gaze at the serene Mona Lisa, the romantic Psyche Revived by Cupids Kiss, and the story and French romanticism depicted in Géricaults masterpiece The Raft of Medusa.
Take a tour of Napoleons apartments to admire the décor and visit the Apollo Gallery for the crown jewels.
Alexandros of Antiochs Venus de Milo should not be missed, admiring the symbol of female beauty while gazing at the surreal sculpture from the Hellenistic age.
This tour comes with 2 options:
Don’t Miss: The Children’s Museum Miami
Other Guided Tour Options
The following combo deals include both tickets to the Louvre and a guided tour of the museum. This is a great way to pay for everything all at once and avoid any hassle.
Skip-the-Line Tickets + Guided Tour in English
- 66/Adults | 61/Children
Skip-the-Line Tickets + Highlights Tour in English
- 72/Adults | 52/Children
Skip-the-Line Tickets + Private Guided Tour
- 139 per person