How To Get Uss Midway Museum Discount Tickets
Weve got you covered USS Midway Museum admission is available with the below money saving options, so you can choose the attraction pass thats right for you. 1. All-Inclusive Pass All you can do. Includes admission to dozens of attractions. 2. Build Your Own Pass Select the attractions you want to visit prior to visiting. See all available passes, attractions & prices Learn more.
How To Contact Uss Midway Museum
You can get in touch with USS Midway Museum through the customer service on the midway.org page. Generally, a message or “Contact” button will be provided on the midway.org page. You can use this button to send a message directly to the customer service of USS Midway Museum. The customer service of USS Midway Museum will deal with the problem for you in time. USS Midway Museum also introduced an automatic reply function.
Museum Of Contemporary Art
The Museum of Contemporary Art is the area’s best exploration of the art and expression of our time. The museum houses over 4,000 works from 1950 to present. The MoCA is best-known for shining a light on lesser-known artists that are new to the art scene, emerging, or mid-career artists. Check out collections that study the art of minimalism, pop art, and conceptual art. Getting in: Museum of Contemporary Art tickets are included with Go San Diego Card.
Recommended Reading: Bible Museum In Washington Dc Tickets
Uss Midway Discount Tickets
Kids get the most significant discounts at USS Midway Museum.
Children five years and below get a 100% discount on their tickets .
Up to two kids below 13 years accompanying a ticket-carrying adult also qualify for a 100% discount on the ticket price. They can collect their free ticket at the ticket booth.
If you dont want to stand in the ticket booth for the free ticket, you can still purchase a discounted ticket for your 6 to 12 years old child.
The full adult ticket costs US$ 26, but your child will get a 30% discount, and you will pay only US$ 18. Find out more
Purchasing your tickets for Midway Museum online is a better experience for three reasons:
- Online tickets are cheaper than the price you will pay at the entrance
- You dont wait in the ticket counter queue and waste your time and energy
- Tickets on-site are sold on a first come, first served basis. Booking your tickets online ensures a slot on the tour
Cancellation policy: USS Midway tickets can be canceled up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
Mobile tickets: The tickets get emailed to you, and on the day of the visit, you can show them on your mobile and walk in through the special entrance for online ticket holders. You dont have to take print outs.
Re-entry: This ticket allows for same-day re-entry. If you want to take a break, stop at the Visitors Information Center by the ships exit, inform them, and then step out. You can use the same San Diego Museum ticket to re-enter.
The Best Military Discounts In San Diego Military
2021 Military Discount Guide – Call 844-695-4766 – Allconnect. RECIPES USS Midway Museum, San Diego, CA. US military active duty and retirees may receive up to a 20% discount, for up to 4 tickets upon presentation of a valid military ID The USS Midway is located at, 910 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101. Availability. Daily, 10 AM-5 PM. Last admission is at 4 PM. The USS Midway Museum is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day . Refund Policy. To be eligible for a refund, E-Tickets must be unused and returned within 60 days of purchase date This military discount is $3 off general Zoo admission, and is offered any day of the year! A military discount for Zoo memberships is offered at $25 off any level of membership purchased. Please call 719-633-9925 x115 or email USS Midway Museum. All active duty and reservist military with valid ID can go to the USS Midway Museum for free. Veterans can enjoy $10 off of regular admissions. Veterans can enjoy $10 off of regular admissions. 246 View the beautiful military swords designed for all nave personnel. USSMidway in San Diego. During the Persian Gulf War, Midway was the first aircraft carrier to conduct operations for prolonged amounts of time in the Persian Gulf and was also the first to receive a port call in the region
You May Like: Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum Gift Shop
Who Visits The Uss Midway Museum
Visiting the USS Midway Museum in San Diego is fun for many reasons. Nearly everyone, including entire families, can visit and enjoy the experience. Youll see veterans and active-duty military personnel, especially Navy service members, visiting this museum.
Children frequently visit on school-sponsored field trips conducted by USS Midway staff . It is a must-visit for San Diego tourists, and for locals alike.
San Diego Uss Midway Discount Tickets + Activity Review
Navy Pier in San Diego is a hot destination for military buffs because of the museum that is the USS Midway. But anyone curious about our nautical and aviation history will enjoy a visit. Most notable is the USS Midway, a working Navy ship turned museum.
You can go inside the historic aircraft carrier or just take a look around while you stroll along the waterfront. Want to take the full tour narrated by Midway sailors ?
Savvy tip: Skip down this page for a review of USS Midway discount offers.
From USS Midway, I like to walk south to enjoy the green areas and to grab a bite at the Fish Market Restaurant along the water. Keep walking and youll see the Seaport Village shops and more restaurants, and eventually you see an amazing view of the Coronado Peninsula over the water.
The activities along the San Diego waterfront is what attracts me most, but once there, you cant help but admire the well-presented USS Midway Museum and related attractions, including more than 20 restored aircraft where you can climb into some of the cockpits, and more than 60 exhibits.
You can go aboard the the Midways deck for free. Working Navy ships also come and go at Navy Pier and sometime offer free, guided tours.
Read Also: The Jewish Museum Gift Shop
A Maritime Museum In A World War Ii Aircraft Carrier
- Enter a unique museum that was once an aircraft carrier of the United States Navy in World War II!
- Explore this floating city at sea and understand how the US navy lives with over 60 exhibits in different areas
- Learn about the history of the longest-serving navy craft carrier of the 20th century
- Self-guided audio narration is available in the museum, narrated by actual former sailors of the Midway
- This is an attraction to enjoy with your whole family and great for kids of all ages
Uss Midway Volunteers And Docents Add Incredible Value
Hands down, the museum would not be what it is without the tireless dedication of its volunteers and docents. Youll find the latter particularly insightful as many were Midway sailors on the ship when it was still in service. Oh, the stories they can tell that will enhance your experience. Its worth keeping an eye out for them when youre visiting the USS Midway Museum.
See also: Best Things to Do in San Diego with Kids
Don’t Miss: Field Museum Chicago Special Exhibits
Hop Aboard A Navy Ship
The U.S.S. Midway Museum brings visitors aboard a decommissioned US Navy aircraft carrier, complete with 29 restored military aircraft. Take advantage of senior and retired-military discounts that are available in person and online. More than half of the Midways exhibits are wheelchair accessible, with American Sign Language, printed, and audio descriptive tour tools available.
Get The Best Uss Midway Museum Military Discounts & Coupons
100,000s of People have saved
The freedoms USS Midway Museum all goes on to enjoy have been purchased and paid-back for those who have paced forward to provide service. Those male and female are the core foundation part of freedom, being highly deserving of their thanks and also at the same time support where needed. USS Midway Museum was launched to further develop the mission and vision of the USS Midway Museum by the means of backing important freedom-centered organizations, education programs and initiatives, and benefiting to give power to their influence across the community. They are with the grand vision of becoming Americas Foundation that can be able to support those who serve and sacrifice for freedoms.
You May Like: Metropolitan Museum Of Art Store Jewelry
Where To Eat Near The Uss Midway Museum What Restaurants Are Near The Uss Midway Museum
- The Fantail Café is located at the USS Midway, offers patio dining with a casual and friendly atmosphere.
- The museum has a food court, vending machines and a small refreshment stand. The refreshment stand accepts only cash and offers churros, pretzels, drinks, granola bars and other snacks.
- Anthonys Fish Grotto has been serving delicious seafood for over 60 years. The restaurant is located on the harbor and offers diners stunning views of the bay.
- The Fish Market is a quick stroll to the south of the Midway Museum and serves seafood and sushi in its two story location on the bay.
- Ruths Chris Steakhouse is across Harbor Drive from the museum, and it serves prime quality steaks and other specialty entrees such as shrimp and lobster.
Highlights Beyond The Vintage Aircraft
Everyone who visits the USS Midway Museum will find their own favorite spots. My daughter and her friends enjoyed these areas of the ship the most:
- The brig, which is tiny!
- The kitchen, which fed hundreds at a time in a remarkably small space.
- The electrical turbines in the engine room.
- A sentry post where a guard , stationed in front of an access door to weaponry/missiles, was apparently authorized back in the day to shoot any trespasser who crossed a yellow line painted on the floor in front of him.
- The tight sleeping quarters.
Read Also: Cleveland Museum Of Natural History
The Battle Of Midway Theater
this 90-seat theater aboard the Midway features an inspirational 15-minute multimedia movie, Voices of the Midway, about the Battle of Midway featuring former members of the military who survived the Battle of the Midway. The movie is narrated by a hologram figure of a young sailor telling the story of his experience about the historic battle.
Exhibits At Uss Midway
Buckle up and prepare yourself for the sights of a lifetime at USS Midway! Experience the surreal feeling of getting to see these awe-inspiring aircraft face to face with your USS Midway discount tickets!
Hangar Deck Exhibit
Flight Deck Exhibit
Do you have what it takes to walk up and touch the fighters, bombers, and helicopters that took naval aviation into the jet age?
Come and find out with your discount tickets from FunEx!
Below Decks Exhibits
Tour where the crew lived aboard the ship! Walk through the galley, midway chapel, wardroom, sick bay, and more!
All is accessible to you with your USS Midway tickets!
You can explore five more exhibits at USS Midway with your discount ticket too! To see what else is in store for you, click here!
Frequently Asked Questions about USS Midway :
USS Midway Museum Tickets
Tips For Visiting The Uss Midway
- Arrive early and head directly to the tour of the bridge and flight control. The lines can form quickly and the wait can get somewhat lengthy.
- Talk to the docents! They are well educated and experienced about life in the military, especially aboard a naval ship. The volunteers include veterans of World War II who want to share their first-hand knowledge of many critical events in history.
- Be prepared to do some walking and stair climbing. The ship is over 1,000 feet long and 258 feet in width. To reach the bridge, you must climb up at least four steep staircases. That means wear comfortable athletic shoes and avoid clothing that’s too loose.
- Paid parking is available at the museum and nearby. To save money on parking, you can park outside of downtown and take the trolley to the harbor.
- Have your camera or phone fully charged. The museum has many stunning and fun photo opportunities as well as exquisite views of downtown, the San Diego bay and Coronado Island.
- Pack some snacks and enjoy the seating on the flight deck while watching the sailboats on the bay. Many times visitors can see dolphins and seals in the bay as they relax to take in the view.
- Certain activities have a separate fee, so bring some additional money if you wish to try such activities as a flight simulator.
About Uss Midway Museum
The USS Midway is a retired aircraft carrier now serving as a museum on San Diegos waterfront. During its 47 years of operationincluding a decade as the largest ship ever commissionedthe Midway had around 225,000 sailors serve above and below its decks. Today, visitors can follow in the shoes of sailors and pilots and experience life aboard this city at sea.
- Size: a full aircraft carrier, with 30 restored Navy aircraft and more than 60 exhibits sprawled above and below its deck
- Eye Catcher: WWII planes on the hangar deck, including the SBD Dauntless dive bomber
- Below Deck: galley, sick bay, engine room and everything else that kept the floating city operational
- Museum Guides: docents providing first-hand accounts of life at sea, or an included audio tour narrated by Midway sailors, available in 6 languages
- Don’t Miss: Voices of Midway a 15-minute multimedia presentation on the most important naval battle in WWII for which the ship is named
- Hands-On Activities: full-motion flight simulators climb-aboard cockpits knot-tying demonstrations
- Pro Tip: It takes a while to see everything in the museum most visitors spend threefour hours aboard the carrier
- Special Programs: WWII veteran meet-and-greets on select days. Docent talks on the flight deck describing how to land or launch an aircraft on a carrier
Read Also: Currier Museum Of Art Hours
Uss Midway Museum Parking And Directions
The USS Midway Museum is located at 910 North Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101.
The USS Midway is docked right at the end of Broadway, alongside Navy Pier, and is therefore very walkable to and from most downtown San Diego hotels. Many San Diego harbor cruises depart from near the ship.
It is also steps from the so its very common for people to visit both on the same day.
If you plan to take the trolley or a train, the MTS station and Santa Fe Depot station are just a few blocks from the USS Midway . You can also get there via the free Circuit shuttle called FRED that operates in Downtown.
There are about 300 parking spaces located on Navy Pier immediately adjacent to the ship, but youll pay for it and it tends to fill up quickly during the summer and on holidays. Metered parking is available on the streets near the USS Midway Museum with a two-hour time limit. Walking will give you maximum flexibility and eliminates the need to find parking. If you have to drive, plan to arrive early in the day when parking is easier to secure.
USS Midway Museum hours are daily from 10 a.m. 5 p.m. Last admission is at 4 p.m.
Have you been to this San Diego attraction yet? What tips for visiting the USS Midway Museum can you share?
*Photos with the exception of the top are used courtesy of the USS Midway Museum.
Dont miss any of my posts! for expert travel tips, insider information about San Diego and my favorite destinations, discounts on attractions, and hotel discounts and tips.
What To Do At Uss Midway Museum
You can see literally everything here, like the engine room, the brig, enlisted sleeping berths, officer quarters, the flight deck, flight control, the bridge, pilot ready rooms, galleys, navigation, and machine shops. Docents hand out complimentary headsets with recordings that take you through the exhibits on a self-guided audio tour, which encompass historical events as well as real accounts of what life was like on board. In addition to the exhibits, the museum has fun activities such as short films, flight simulators, music videos, climb-aboard cockpits and aircraft, interactive exhibits, and much more. Here are a few of our favorite highlights…
Read Also: Boston Museum Of Science Tickets
What Should I Bring To Uss Midway Museum
- Sunscreen. Many areas of the ship are outside and in the sun. With the sun reflecting off the bay, a sunburn is a distinct possibility without protection — even on cloudy days.
- Water. You will be doing a lot of walking and working up a thirst.
- Comfortable shoes. The exhibits are on many different levels and accessible by steep, narrow staircases.
- Extra money for activities and souvenirs.
- A camera or phone to take photographs.
Senior Discounts In San Diego
San Diego is such an appealing place that its easy to overlook the fact that its one of the nations ten most expensive places to live, according to data analysis by Kiplingers. To make the most of your money while enjoying seaside senior living, get in the habit of seeking out senior discounts like these:
Also Check: Hotels By Field Museum Chicago